Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Jolly Rancher Suckers

A while ago I saw on some blog about turning jolly ranchers into suckers.  I thought that was a great idea, since I don't like my children putting that small piece of hard candy in their mouth and possibly swallowing it whole and it getting lodge. Yes, I am paranoid about some things.  We came home from our local 4th of July parade with lots of jolly ranchers and I put them aside for the time being.  Yesterday, I finally got the sucker sticks from Michaels to make the suckers. It was so easy to do.  The kids unwrapped and stuck three jolly ranchers touching each other in a row.  I then put them in the oven at 200 for 5 minutes like I had read.  When I checked on them after 5 minutes they were not melted, so I left them in for another 3 minutes and they finally had melted.  I took them out of the oven and placed the sucker sticks into each melted jolly rancher bunch, and let them cool.  Here are the kids with their suckers.


No comments:

Post a Comment