Monday, August 13, 2012

Short-Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer




Short Straw Bride is a Christian Historical Romance.  I enjoy romance but was not sure I would enjoy historical romance, but ended up loving it. I have to say I love the main female character Meredith.  She is very courageous and stands up for what she believes.  When Meredith heard of a plot to burn the Archer land, she felt that she needed to warn them especially since Travis Archer had helped her when she was injured on his land plus she had dreamed about him.  What ends up happening on Archer land changes Meredith and the Archer brothers lives in many ways.  I don't want to share much more of the plot because it would give away what happens. Even though this is a Christian book I did not feel that it was preaching to you like some books. Karen Witemeyer gets you hooked right away and then you don't want to put the book down because you want to know what happens.  This was Karen's first book I had read, and plan are reading more of them now, and will also look for other historical romance books to try out.


I received a copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment