Thursday, September 20, 2012

Understanding World Religions in 15 Minutes a Day


Let me start of with that I am not a big fan of any type of nonfiction, but went ahead and requested to read this book! When I was in college I had a World Religions class that I barely passed, and this book would have helped me out a lot. Each chapter discusses the basic information about a religion to help you better understand the differences and similarities between it and other religions. You can read as much as you want at a time, or as the title suggests give yourself 15 minutes each day to read about one religion and take it in fully.  I think it is a great resource to have since in our communities there is a wide variety of  religions that people are a  part of, and you can understand better what there beliefs are. After reading this I feel I understand more about different religions then I did in taking a full semester course on World Religions in College.  There are quite a few religions in this book that I never heard of before.  I also feel that I will be able to better answer any questions by children might have in the future about different religions.

I was given this book for free from Bethany House Publisher to read and give an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment