Saturday, March 23, 2013

Tutu Easter Wreath

I was looking for a cute new Easter wreath to make for my front door, and saw a post with all kinds of tutu wreaths and fell in love with them.  After dropping the kids off at preschool I went to Michael's and bought supplies to make my own. Here is what mine looks like. I think I am going to go get some more eggs this week to add to it.






How to Make A Tutu Wreath

Supplies: 1 foam wreath
               spools of tulle in the colors you want (I used 2 spools of pink and purple)
               scissors
               tape measure
              decorative eggs to attach to wreath ( or whatever you want to attach to the wreath)

Steps: Cut tulle in 16 inch lengths. (or 32 inches and just divide in half)




          I put two strips or each color together so the color was more vibrant and tied them around the wreath.
As I tied them together I pushed them together so that you couldn't see the white foam wreath. I did a pink/purple pattern but you can do whatever pattern you want.




 Then I bought decorated eggs that were attached to sticks. I stuck the sticks through the foam and twisted the stick around in the back so that they would not fall out. This last step with the eggs I forgot to photograph so I will get a picture and come back and add it to this post this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment