Here is what you will need:
1 package of strawberry cake mix
3/4 cup of shortening
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 stick of butter, softened
2 tsp. vanilla
4 c. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour the strawberry cake mix, eggs and shortening into a bowl.
2. Mix till well combined.
3. Make approx. 1" balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 8 minutes and then place on cooling racks.
5. Put cream cheese, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar into bowl.
6. Mix until smooth.
(make sure bowl is big otherwise powdered sugar might fly everywhere)
7. Once cookies are cooled ice the bottom of half the cookies.
8. Put one of the un-iced cookies on top to make a sandwich.