Friday, February 17, 2012

Project Linus- No Sew Fleece Blankets


This is one of two no sew fleece blankets that I made for Project Linus.  I have never made these before and found it to be so easy.  Project Linus is an organization that takes homemade blankets like this no sew fleece blanket and gives them as gifts to seriously ill and traumatized children, ages 0-18.  The Mom's Club I belong to decided to do this as are charitable project this year.  One night several of us moms got together and we sat around and talked for several hours while working on making these blankets.  All the blankets made are being donated to our local chapter of Project Linus to help children in our local area.  If you would like more information about Project Linus please go to   Project Linus.  They have more information about their organization, local chapters in areas all across the United States, and the many different kinds of homemade blankets they will take.  I have to say I really enjoyed doing this and plan on continuing to contribute to this wonderful organization with more blankets over time.

4 comments:

  1. That's a cute blanket. And it's wonderful that you made it for such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable blanket and what an awesome tangible way to reach out to kiddos who need a little extra love! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I made a crocheted blanket for them years ago. Thanks for reminding me of this project, I think I am going to try and make another for them. Again this blanket you made is adorable!

    ReplyDelete