Thursday, February 2, 2012

Valentine Countdown


Here is our Countdown to Valentine board.  Each day we get to open the container with the days date on it and see what special activity we get to do to for Valentine's.  It was very easy and simple to make.  I had a large piece of cardboard that I glued pieces of red construction paper on to cover it.  Then I got heart containers in the $1 section at Target.  Each heart I wrote a number from 1 to 14 with permanent marker.  I used Velcro to stick them to the board.  One piece of Velcro is stuck to the board and the other piece that attaches is stuck to the back of the heart containers.  Here is a pick to see what I am talking about.


The kids and I then used markers and stickers to decorate the board.  I then cut a piece of white computer paper into 14 strips.  On each strip I wrote a special activity we could do to help us count down till Valentine's Day.  Some of the things I wrote were make a special Valentine treat, read a Valentine's book, make cards for grandparents, sort and then eat conversation hearts, and many more.  The kids are really enjoying opening each day a new heart and seeing what the special activity is for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment