Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Home in Drayton Valley by Kim Vogel Sawyer


A Home in Drayton Valley is not one of my favorite Kim Vogel Sawyer books.  I have read several of her books in the past that I loved, but I can't say the same for this one.  My one major issue was that the story seemed to move so slow.  I loved the actual story but felt that it could have been told a little faster. Tarsie encourages her friends Joss and Mary and their two kids to move to Drayton Valley for a better quality of life. The couple decide to go and they ask Tarsie to come with them. Tragedy strikes on the way to Drayton Valley, and Tarsie and Joss do things that make them question God and wonder about their futures. Another thing I did like was they dealt with a lot of issues from the period that the book was written like prohibition, racial issues, and hard times for families that didn't have much.

I received this book from Bethany House Publishers for free for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment