Wednesday, March 14, 2012

St. Patrick's Yarn Wreath - Tutorial Included






Here is the wreath I made for St. Patrick's Day!


What you need to make this:
               skein of yarn ( you won't use it all)
               wreath form
               glue gun
               scissors
               some St. Patty's Day Decorations to add


For my wreath form I used plumber foam tubing that I got from Home Depot, and taped the two ends together to form a circle.  Here is a picture of what it looks like.


Then I hot glued the beginning of the yarn to what would be the back of my wreath on the foam tubing, and started wrapping it around.


I continued wrapping till I got to where I started wrapping and hot glued the end down on the back of the wreath to hold the yarn.  Hot gluing the yarn at the beginning and the end is all you need to keep it in place. Here is the wreath completely wrapped in yarn.


The last step is just to find some cute St. Patty's decorations to add to the wreath.  My decorations were found at Hobby Lobby.  Each of them were attached to a wire stem, so I just pushed the wire stem through the wreath to hold it and cut the ends of the wire that were sticking out at the bottom off.  So this is what I ended up with.


If you have any questions about this tutorial please leave me a comment and I will be happy to answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment