Sunday, May 20, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness

I am writing this post to share about the need to raise money to help get breast screenings for all women. This July will be a year from when I had my first mammogram and it came back that they saw something. I had to go back and have further tests ran to see what it was. Luckily, it ended up being a dense mass of tissue and I had insurance to cover these tests. This was right after my mom had a scare earlier in the year and my sister that was 25 at the time found a lump and had to have it removed because it had all the signs and factors of becoming cancerous at some point. Both of my grandmothers had breast cancer, fought it, and survived. One is no longer with us today for other health reasons. I have know many others that have had breast cancer and some of them are still with us and others did not make it. Screenings for women are so important to help catch anything before it is to late, and unfortunately it is to late for some women because they don't have the money or insurance to help them get these screenings. 


A wonderful crafter and mom, I met online at Cafemom, that makes Mon-stors has made a special Breast Cancer Awareness Mon-stor. She is raffling it off to help raise money for the Susan G Komen Foundation  to donate free breast cancer screenings to clinics, so that women without insurance and money are able to get the screenings and treatments needed.   Please go to her blog post here to see how you can make a donation and be entered to possibly win this cute Mon-stor. After you purchase a raffle ticket there are a few other ways to enter your name into the raffle also.


Mon-stors are a patent and copyrighted creation created by Lu & Ed and cannot be copied, replicated or reproduced in anyway.

1 comment: