Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Olive Oil




I am a BzzAgent and recieved the following Filippo Berrio Olive Oil for free to try out and review. Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a 100% natural product.  It contains no trans fat, no cholesterol, no sugar, no salt, and no gluten.  Check out the "Your Health" section on filippoberio.com to learn more. The olive oil is great to use instead of butter, margarine, and other cooking oils. I received a substitution chart so I knew how much olive oil I should use instead of butter/margarine. If you are interested in the chart just go to filippberio.com.

The first thing I used the olive oil was to make pesto. I loved the way the pesto tasted. Then I used the olive oil in cooking in exchange for butter. I honestly could not taste a difference then when I use butter, which is good because the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil is healthier. I plan on trying the Olive Oil in other recipes that I make to help make the dishes a bit healthier.

Here is a picture of my pesto I made.  It is not that great of a photo since I had to take it with my cell.


It is great having a product that I feel safe cooking with for my family, and know that it is healthy.  I have been having several health issues lately, and using this Olive Oil will be one good way to help these issues.  Along with the Olive Oil came a pamphlet about Living the Mediterranean Way.  It has some great steps of things to change in eating habits that will make you healthier.  A few that I am starting with are enjoying fresh fruit for dessert, eat at least a few vegetarian meals each week, and snack on nuts, seeds, and fruit rather then processed food snack.  If you are interested in Living the Mediterranean Way then check out filippoberio.com for further information. Lastly, I did receive some coupons for purchasing Filippo Berio Olive Oil along with some recipes if anyone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment