Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Featured Shop Wednesday: Sewing Wild Roses

Welcome to a new week of Featured Shop Wednesday! This week please welcome Jen from Sewing Wild Roses!



 Tell me a bit about yourself 
I'm Jen, I am a mom to an adorable little girl, 3 adopted retired racing greyhounds & 3 adopted kitty cats. I am a former signage project manager and I apply my project management skills to just about everything in my life. I am a planner by nature. I started my business a few years ago as a creative outlet for my down time from my full time job. After the birth of my daughter in 2012, my amazing husband and I made some life changes and I turned my focus towards the growth of the business in order to be home with her.



Tell me about your shop and what you make.
I create various types of handbags, totes, tablet cases and much more.  Any of my items can be customized & personalized to suit the customer's needs & desires. I am always thinking of new products for the shop and can't wait to be able to get them done and share with everyone. 



What inspires you to make what you make?
I am very passionate about sewing and creating. I love working with cotton and creating soft bags that have both utility and beauty. I think accessories are so important to a woman's overall style, which effects how good they feel. I know I love all my handbags, even if I don't get to make too many for myself these days. 






Anything else you would like the readers to know about your shop or what you make.
  I take a lot of pride in my work and I hope that my customers can see that when they receive their item. I just love making custom orders, it adds that personal touch to an item that can't be found at the store. 

 







Fun Questions:

Favorite Color: Green
Favorite TV Show: Doctor Who

Favorite Season: Autumn
Favorite Ice Cream Flavor:  I'm actually not crazy about ice cream, I prefer salty junk foods. But if I had to pick one, I guess it would be strawberry.
What did you want to be when you grew up?
I can't say I really remember from when I was little, but in high school I decided I wanted to major in psychology, and potentially become a therapist. 
If you could stock your fridge with one food, what would it be?
Does "carbs" count as one food? That's tough to pick just one thing, but I guess I'd go with pasta with my family's recipe of homemade spaghetti sauce.




 You can find Sewing Wild Roses online at:


Thank you Jen for stopping by and sharing more about your shop!  

 

Take a minute and go check out her shop. Then come back and share what item you would like from her shop. My favorite is her grey chevron wristlet that is pictured above.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment