Sunday, January 15, 2012

Valentine Wreaths

After recovering from a hand injury I have been able to get back to my crafting.  I love to make all kinds of things for our house.  Valentines is coming up so I thought I would work on some Valentine decorations.  I have been seeing all kinds of yarn wreaths that I love so thought I might try making one for Valentines.  It was much easier than I thought.  I got a styrofoam wreath and wrapped it in grey yarn, gluing the ends of the yarn onto the back of the wreath so they would stay put and not be seen.  Then I cut out hearts from red and pink felt and place them on the wreath.  Lastly, I criss-crossed the yarn across the top of the hearts to keep them in place. Here is a picture of my finished wreath for my front door.

Then I decided I wanted a wreath for inside the house too.  For the following wreath I got valentine scrap paper that was designed on both sides.  I cut 12 strips about 2 inches by 10 inches long from the scrap paper.  Then I folded the paper in half and glued the ends together to form a heart. Each heart was then glued side by side in the shape of a circle.  I glued yarn in between two hearts on each side to use as a hanger. Here is a picture of that wreath.

No comments:

Post a Comment