Monday, January 23, 2012

A Weekend of Firsts

        We had a very interesting weekend with a couple of firsts.  On Saturday, we had registration for preschool for next school year.  Both of the kids will be going, and it was a little emotional signing up my baby to go to preschool in the fall.  A is 3 and will start first year preschool which is two half days a week, and his sister M will be in junior kindergarten four half days a week.  I can't believe for the first time since having M I will have two half days a week to myself.  Luckily, we still have some time to get adjusted to the idea of A starting preschool because he is not so sure about wanting to go and was actually worried I was leaving him at school when we signed up on Saturday. 
        Sunday we experienced another first.  M has become very interested in skating and enjoys watching hockey.  My husband has been talking with her about going to try ice skating.  The last couple weekends we were going to go but then M decided last minute that she didn't want to go, and we were not going to push her to do it.  Well, this past Sunday she woke up and told us we were going ice skating, so after lunch we packed up and headed to the ice rink.  I was a nervous wreck but tried to hide it.  We got to the rink and it was so crowded which made me more nervous because I did not want someone knocking my child down.  M and her daddy got on the ice skates we rented and got on the ice.  I was on the sidelines watching with A, because I am very accident prone and have injured almost every bone in my body so I was not going to chance an injury.  M went around the whole rink once with her daddy helping her.  I could so tell she was scared but she did it and is talking about going back and doing it again but when she is older she says.  Here she is with her daddy on the ice.


No comments:

Post a Comment